The webfonts situation

I am afraid that while I learn how to use Typekit—and I find time to deal with it—the webfonts situation in the blog might be somehow scandalous. Ok, maybe not that bad, but for someone working in a typefoundry as a typographer, it’s really bad. Soon Maybe not that Soon, there will be a proper text face for texts, a titling face for headlines, and a secondary face for menus. Promised.

Thanks to Florian Hardwig’s help via Twitter I was able to keep the webfonts situation under control. I had to trick some robots but it should work for a while. I decided to combine Soleil, by Wolfgang Homola, with Essay Text, designed by Ellmer Stefan, as the main text face. with Pollen, by Eduardo Berliner, and Trevor, by Teo Tuominen. However, after doing some changes I can see some Times and Palatino being used, I hope to be able to tackle those but I haven’t been able so far to find where the problem in the code lies: it was a cache issue, clean browser cache and (hopefully) all sorted. All of them distributed by TypeTogether, served by Typekit. The typeface for the heading is Vampiro One, by Riccardo De Franceschi, served by Google Fonts.

For the mobile version, I believe the typefaces are the same.

Original text: this page was first set in 2015.
Update n1: 2016, when Soleil and Essay Text came into place.
Update n2: 2018, Pollen substituted Essay Text, Trevor substituted most of Soleil.
Update n3: 2020, catastrophic WordPress update means that the theme has disappeared and typography is out of control.